Inspirations for teaching:
Practicing and performing at the organ and piano each week at South Suburban Christian Church provides...
- opportunities to put practice strategies discussed at lessons into practice on a weekly basis,
- situations to succeed at performing under pressure,
- understanding how important the abilities to sight read and improvise are to a musician.
Teaching 2nd-8th grade students in large keyboard classes at a number of public schools provides...
- challenges to make each musical concept clear for any age,
- challenges to keep myself organized,
- a clear perspective of the benefits and enjoyment of group teaching,
- a clear perspective of how wonderful a private-lesson setting is for individual learning.